2019 Norfolk City Democratic Committee Reorganization
UPDATE – There were no contests for Precinct Captain. The December 10 caucus has been canceled.
What is Happening
- Each local City and County Democratic Committee must reorganize every 2 years. This means that the 2018/2019 terms of all members end. Members must submit a new application to be a member for the 2020/21 term. The Call to Caucus with the details of the reorganization is HERE.
- Only members who are Democratic Elected Officials from the City of Norfolk and ex officio continue as members and do not need to file.
- Norfolk starts its process with the filing of Precinct Captains. Those wishing to be a Precinct Captain must file by Friday, December 1, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
- The filing form for Precinct Captains is HERE. Do not fill out this form unless you want to be a Precinct Captain.
- Officers will remain in place until new officers are elected on Saturday, January 4. If you want to be an Officer, you must file by 5 PM, December 20. The filing form is HERE. Only precinct captains, ex officio, and the current officers are eligible to vote at the January 4 meeting.
- This is the sole agenda item and no nominations are allowed from the floor. The rules of the caucus are available HERE.
REMEMBER > Only file now if you wish to be a Precinct Captain or Officer. Once the Committee has reorganized forms will be available for Assistant Precinct Captain, At-Large, and Associate.