2021 Norfolk City Democratic Committee Reorganization – Dec 11 CAUCUS CANCELED
What is Happening
- The Norfolk City Democratic Committee (NCDC) has completed its first step in the biennial reorganization with the filing of precinct captains. As there were no contests for the position of precinct captain, the caucus scheduled for December 11 is automatically canceled.
- Each local City and County Democratic Committee must reorganize every 2 years. This means that the 2020/2021 terms of all members end. Members must submit a new application to be a member for the 2022/223 term. The Call to Caucus with the details of the reorganization is HERE.
- Only members who are Elected as Democrats from the City of Norfolk and ex officio members do not need to be re-elected, but must file a new application.
- Officers will remain in place until new officers are elected on Saturday, January 8. If you want to be an Officer, you must file by 5 PM, December 29. The filing form is HERE.
- Only precinct captains, ex officio, and the current officers are eligible to vote at the January 8 meeting. This is the sole agenda item and no nominations are allowed from the floor unless no one filed for a position/positions by the December 29, 2021 deadline.