Make A Plan to Vote. Vote Early Now!
VOTE EARLY IN PERSON.
Click HERE for Norfolk City Hall and satellite voting center locations, dates & times.
The deadline to vote early in person is 5:00 p.m. Saturday, October 31st at Norfolk City Hall, 1st Floor.
You can vote curbside. Just have your driver alert the elections official at the door.
- Bring an ID
- Wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Be prepared for lines.
- Exercise patience.
VOTE EARLY BY MAIL. VOTE AN ABSENTEE BALLOT.
Avoid the crowds at your polling place.
How to Apply for an Absentee Ballot – APPLY NOW
Do this NOW. Due to mail slowness, you cannot wait until the October 23 deadline.
Request a ballot online. Click HERE.
- Have your Virginia driver’s license or Virginia ID handy.
- Your ballot will be mailed to you starting September 18
- You can track your ballot status by going HERE.
OR – If you do not have a Virginia driver’s license or ID:
- Print and complete a ballot application.
- Mail or bring it to the Registrar (1st Floor of City Hall)
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is October 23. This is too late. Go and vote in person.
Mailing Your Ballot
On the ballot envelope.
- Use the address where you live and are registered. Not a P.O. Box.
- Sign and date.
- No witness required!
- Free postage.
Do not mail your ballot it if you think it will not be postmarked by November 3 and received by November 6 at Noon.
If you think your mailed ballot will not be received in time, you can drop it off:
- At the Registrar’s office in City Hall by October 31.
- At a satellite voting center. Check the days and times HERE).
Last Chance to Drop Off Your Ballot
AT YOUR POLLING PLACE ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
You will need to hand the ballot to a poll book worker. They will “back out” your absentee vote and you will be given a new ballot.