2023 Norfolk City Democratic Committee Reorganization for the 2024-2025 Term. December 9 CANCELED.
There were no challenges in any precinct. As a result, all who filed will be elected as a Precinct Captain as of December 9. Congratulations to our new and returning Precinct Captains!
Any Democrat wanting to be an officer in the Committee needs to follow Step 3.
What is Happening
- The Norfolk City Democratic Committee (NCDC) is required to reorganize every two years. This means that almost everyone’s term on the NCDC ends on December 9, 2023, and everyone must submit a new application to be a member for the 2024-2025 term. All information below and other details are in the Call Caucus (CLICK HERE) and the Caucus Rules (CLICK HERE).
- The First Step > Precinct Captains will file first. By 5:00 PM on Thursday, November 30 file out the Precinct Captain application by CLICKING HERE. Application forms can be mailed, emailed, or hand-delivered in person and must arrive by the 5 PM, November 30 deadline.
- Mail > Barbara Klear, 7320 Glenroie Ave, APT 12E, Norfolk, VA 23505.
- Email > KlearB@gmail.com (PDF attachment)
- In Person > call Barbara Klear at 757-477-2858 to arrange to hand deliver.
- The Second Step > A firehouse primary type of caucus to elect the Precinct Captains. If only 1 person per precinct files, the caucus will be canceled. The caucus will be held from 11 AM – 1 PM, at Teamsters Local 822, 5718 Bartee Street, Norfolk, VA 23505.
- The Third Step > Those Democrats who want to be an officer in the NCDC (Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer) must file an application by Wednesday, December 29. CLICK HERE for the OFFICER APPLICATION.
- The Fourth Step > All those elected as Precinct Captains, the current officers, and ex-officio members will meet on Saturday, January 6, 2024, immediately following the monthly breakfast to elect the officers. There will be no other business at this meeting.
- The Last Step > Rejoin the Committee. If you missed the Precinct Captain filing deadline or want to be an Assistant Precinct Captain, At-Large, or an Associate, CLICK HERE for an application. (NOTE: this link will not be turned on until after November 30.)
Filing fees can be paid by check (payable to NCDC), cash, or by using ActBlue >